Monday, January 23, 2012

Hero This Week: Rachel Huffman & Jenna Rousey




"I can barely even begin to tell you how much you touch my soul, raise my hopes, and inspire my smiles. Maybe the best way to convey it is to lovingly try and say that you've always been and you will always be just like a sister to me."

When I sat down to write about you two, these words from Emilia Larson resonated with me. I have always heard that you can look up to those who are younger than you but I had never experienced that until now. Even though we have only know each other for a few months you all have become some of my best friends and have a special place in my heart. I have been so excited to be a big sister and I am blessed and honored beyond belief to call you both my precious diamond sisters. Jenna, thank you for giving into my obsession with bargain shopping, being spontaneous with me, and for always bringing me soup and a laugh when I am sick. Rachel, Thank you for understanding my sarcasm and sense of humor, being silly and making Facebook videos together and for giving me a shoulder to cry on when I need it most. Remember you can be Forest, I will be Bubba and we can sit back to back so neither of us has to sleep in the mud. Thank you both for being there for me, lifting me up and and for encouraging me when all I wanted to do was break down. You both have touched my life and I can only hope I can make an impact on yours.

I love you lil Rousey and lil Huffbaby and don't you ever forget it!

Your Diamond Sister,
Mary-Ava Poole sophomore Pledge Class 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment